[TxMt] Re: TM Icon Poll [Bartelme vs Ethan v3]

Michael Gregoire mgee at gwi.net
Wed Feb 9 22:50:41 UTC 2005

Just to state the obvious. "Apple Guidelines" are just that, guidlines.
Not rules.
Remember that an icon is an ICON. It needs to be iconic. That's why the
most recent icon works the best IMO.

Although the pen details in the current TextMate beta are well done,
the icon still lacks personality. Just right now I have 4 other icons
in my dock that contains some sort of pad and pen, whereas the lone
gear of the most recently submitted icon allows it standout and be
retained in memory much more quickly. The saturation and strong
contrast are also helpful in this.

Though another thing to think about, when I think about textmate, I
don't necessarily think of it in abbreviated form as merely a T, I
would think of it more as TM.