[TxMt] TM Icon Poll [Bartelme vs Ethan v3]

Chris Messina factoryjoe at factorycity.net
Wed Feb 9 22:22:44 UTC 2005

Hi Jon,

I think I can speak for a large portion of us (if not all) when I say
that we all greatly appreciate your work on the TM icon. Bartelme has
done other kinds of derivative work and I think that it's more like a
nod to the original author than any kind of usurping of the spotlight.

Indeed, what I think we're all looking for is a nice icon for TM. We've
gone through a number of icons so far -- with wide changes between each
revision. That Bartelme took the latest released icon and improved upon
it seems to me that we're finally coming to a consensus!!

I would suggest that the icon developers put their heads together and
figure out the best possible combination of the latest submissions. I
think that what we need is a big gear icon with more saturation (like
Jon's + Bartelme's combined, but looking more like the KDEsque gear),
but designed in accordance with the Apple guidelines (angle, lighting,
etc).

Bartelme's work should push the icon's design forward -- and I think
it's sparked another round of creativity that will hopefully drive us
towards the final look... based on your contribution!

Chris