[TxMt] Command Chooser?

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Mon Feb 7 21:18:48 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2005, at 20:07, Brad Miller wrote:
>
>> Here's a suggestion that came to me this morning. How about applying
>> the wonderful logic in the file chooser to commands and macros?  I
>> was thinking of it being very much like Quicksilver for TextMate
>> commands.
>
> Ah yes -- but how is this best done? intermixed with files? only
> Command/Snippet/Macro intermixed with files and these give a 'submenu'
> (i.e. arrow right change the content)? And should each submenu show
> all items (maybe with the bundle as prefix)?

I like the idea too ...

perhaps best would be a separate launch window for each "domain", one
for Commands, one for Snippets, Macros, File Choosing, etc. They would
each have their own key commands for invocation.  I'm not sure about
the sub-grouping of commands/snippets, but what does File Chooser do
about identical filenames in separate project directories?  (I
obviously haven't played with the beta too much).  Perhaps, descending
into subdirectories of snippets/commands won't be an issue if File
Chooser already handles duplicate name conflicts gracefully.