[TxMt] Feature Request: Open Recent Files/Projects implementation idea

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Feb 7 16:39:58 UTC 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 13:25, Mats Persson wrote:

> I think the ideal implementation of this feature is just like the
> Apple implementation in the Apple Menu's - Recent Items [...]

Unfortunately the recent items menu is an OS feature and if I want to
split it up into project/document, I'd have to re-invent it myself, but
that means I'd have to figure out which settings the OS version
supports (like number of recent items), how Finder gets the recent
items from applications, how recent items are serialized into my
preferences (from where e.g Quicksilver reads them) etc.

So this is one of these, a lot of work re-inventing my own, because
Apple's version currently lack a little flexibility.

It may eventually be done, but currently the benefit/work seems to low
compared to other stuff that competes for my time.