[TxMt] folding behaves very irregularly

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:09:34 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:04, Bruno Bronosky wrote:
> I have not found any documentation on how folding works.  From what I
> can tell it is a combination of character pairs and indentation.

folding is defined by patterns in the syntax-highlighting files, you
could change it there by adjusting the foldingStartMarker and foldingStopMarker
expressions.  (you can find the highlight definitions in the bundles in
/Applications/TextMate/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/ and ~/Libary/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/ )

the best way probably would be to copy the php bundle to your custom bundle
folder (mentioned above) and then tweak the syntax definition if you need a
custom folding.  if you make it also useful for normal cases sending a patch
to justin french (who afaik maintains the bundle) would also help other people.
i think the email should be anywhere in the list archives, the wiki or elsewhere
on the internet.

--
Torsten Becker