[TxMt] web preview and PHP include_paths

max at machinate.org max at machinate.org
Wed Feb 2 15:25:11 UTC 2005

Hello,
This is my first post to this list, so I hope it's ok. been using
Texmate for web site development with PHP for a while now and love it.
However, I always preview pages in Safari because of the limitations of
the included web preview. With the new html output of the latest beta I
was reminded again of it,  but found the same problems.

I think the issue of it closing when you change tabs has already been
brought up, which is really annoying if you want to edit a css file,
for example. Could its behaviour be that it always stays open. If you
want to preview another page, it could then open as separate tab in the
preview window. Only the selected tab need be automatically refreshed,
but you could easily switch to your other previewed pages.

Another thing that I'm not sure if any one has mentioned is that when
you pipe it through the PHP binary, require() and include() don't work
when the files have a relative path to the script.
Any apache server env variables are also bypassed so you can't
reference 'SCRIPT_URI' etc.
I don't really want to change every script to have absolute paths, as
that becomes rather inflexible.
  would be glad to hear any solutions anyone might have.

thanks, max