[TxMt] GREP Weirdness

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Feb 2 00:06:20 UTC 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 23:22, Ben Jackson wrote:

> Pleased to join the list. I'm excited about the potential of this
> software.

Welcome to the list, I think you are actually subscriber #300! No
wonder the list has been a little busy lately ;)

> So GREP is acting up... when I search
> TextMate crashes without warning.

I will look into this, thanks for reporting it!

> Some other strings have behaved unexpectedly. Is this a known issue?

I'm aware of one bug, if you give a pattern that does repeat on
“nothing” (e.g. “()*”) it will go into infinite loop (repeating nothing
until the text has been exhausted, which it never will be).