[TxMt] Beta 4 & bundles

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Tue Feb 1 07:24:08 UTC 2005

At 4:52 AM +0100 2/1/05, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>Beta 4 is out -- to those of you who got the beta 3 w/o bundles and
>therefor installed these as user/local bundles, I'd recommend
>removing these, since updated defaults won't show otherwise (but new
>defaults will).

b4 has some really cool features, including the one you can see at
Allan's blog movie.

I particularly wanted to try the new PDF Latex command. However, I
had to go through some trouble to make mine work. Here is what I
did... your mileage may vary.

(1) I downloaded Schubert's PDF Browser Plugin at
<http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf/>

(2) I needed to disable my Adobe PDF Plugin. I ran the new PDFLatex
command with it, and it popped up a window demanding to find an Adobe
Reader and then the command never displayed PDF. (Man, Adobe has
really gone down the tubes in quality... little editorial).  So for
me, I did a

trash /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin

using the 'trash' command from osxutils <http://osxutils.sourceforge.net/>

(3) I also had to tell TM to stop using the Adobe PDF plugin, which I
could only do by nuking the preferences at
~/Library/Preferences/com.macromates.textmate.plist

(4) I also had to update my pdflatex installation from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3
which I did using the i-Installer to install the latest TeX build.

That got it working. It's pretty neat!

One bonus warning.

(5) for the moment, HTML output windows become unresponsive if you
click on a non-existent link. (E.g. the current version of "Man...")
You can still close them though.

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu