[TxMt] SQL syntax not working?

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Tue Dec 20 20:41:23 UTC 2005

> Am I doing something wrong?

Think the real reason is that no one has really ever spent the time
to improve the SQL syntax beyond the basics. But the other issue
being the lack of syntax. MySQL is different than Postgres, which is
different than... You get the idea. Hard to design a syntax around
something that is so loosely defined.

To get a good syntax defined someone needs to find a good writeup on
the allowed syntax by MySQL, and then Postgres, etc. I stopped when I
couldn't even find one for MySQL in the docs.