[TxMt] Latest TM version activation delays

Jeremy Wilkins jeremy at ibexinternet.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 18:08:14 UTC 2005

an option to turn this off would be extremely help for those of us
with projects on network shares.  Textmates ability to open a folder
of files is really useful when the files are local, but unusable when
on a share. I'd happily trade the project folder recognising updated
files, for it actually being usable.

Could it just not scan any files/folders which are not local, or
alternatively perform the scan asynchronously?

jebw

On 20 Dec 2005, at 17:53, Brad Choate wrote:

> How many files are in your project?  If you have hundreds /
> thousands, that would account for it.  Each time TM receives focus,
> it rescans the directories associated with the project to find if
> it needs to update the project file listing.  But that isn't
> anything new with the latest build.
>
> I removed several references to directories from my project that
> contained files that I would never be editing in TM anyway.  That
> "fixed" the issue for me.
>

> On Dec 20, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I updated from the previous to the latest TM version, any
>> time I switch from another application to a TM window TM is
>> unresponsive (pizza wheel) for approximately 3 seconds (time
>> appears to depend on how many projects are open).
>>
>> Even if I have TM front, click any other App's window and
>> immediately back to TM that delay is observed.
>>
>> Gerd

---
Jeremy Wilkins
Ibex Internet Ltd