[TxMt] moving by word using option-arrows

Tracy Ruggles tracer at axiomfire.com
Mon Dec 19 14:27:35 UTC 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 7:44 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> [...] Now, though, the option-right-arrow takes the cursor to the
>> end of "TextMate" and then to the decimal point in "1.1b17" and
>> then to the left of the parenthesis of 847.
>
> Go to Preferences -> Text Editing and see if it's not because you
> added a space to the word characters.

Well, that was it.  My keyboard has some sticky keys and every once
in a while it thinks I'm holding down the apple/cmd key when I'm not
and if I happen to type a comma when that's happening, then the prefs
panel of the app I'm in comes up and any characters that I'm typing
gets sent to the prefs panel (and in this case there was a space in
there)...  PEBKAC!

Thanks!
--Tracy