[TxMt] Bolding and antialiasing (and possibly Markdown)

Jeffrey E. Forcier jforcier at strozllc.com
Mon Dec 19 13:52:42 UTC 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 4:20 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> It is a system thing: for some reason the system decides to not use
> the bold variant of the bitstream font, but to "bolden" up the
> regular font, making it look pretty ugly.
>
> Some of us have toyed with it, we've never actually come up with a
> proper solution.

Well, that's a bummer, isn't it. You haven't found any good fonts
which mitigate the problem? Like I said, Courier does seem to get
around it, the only problem being that it's serif.

> This is completely bogus. And even more so if you're sending an
> email to a list. You really should remove this waste of bytes from
> your signature.

It's something the lawyers here at work make everyone stick in their
signature, I'm afraid. Eventually I'm going to get around to
switching all my mailing list memberships to a personal account, I
know it's an annoying sig, and yes, it's not exactly logical when
applied to a list address. My apologies =) If it makes you happy I'll
try and remember to remove it to further replies to this list (I
doubt they'll complain) ;)

Regards,
Jeff

--
Jeffrey E. Forcier
Junior Developer, Research and Development