[TxMt] moving by word using option-arrows

Tracy Ruggles tracer at axiomfire.com
Mon Dec 19 05:09:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

In the latest update to TextMate, 1.1b17 (847), the behavior of
moving around in a document by option-arrows has changed.  (Or, maybe
it changed before then and I didn't know it.)

For example in the paragraph above, before the change, moving by
option-right-arrow with the cursor at the beginning of the line would
take the cursor to the end of "In".  Subsequent option-right-arrows
would move from "the" to "latest" to "update" etc.

Now, though, the option-right-arrow takes the cursor to the end of
"TextMate" and then to the decimal point in "1.1b17" and then to the
left of the parenthesis of 847.

It would seem that moving by option-arrows would match the behavior
of most other OS X apps.  Mail, for example, has the expected
behavior of moving word by word instead of by punctuation marks.
Perhaps I have a corrupted install?  Or, is this an expected change?

Thanks for a great application!

--Tracy