[TxMt] Request: newline differentiation

Paul Bissex paul.bissex at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 21:32:33 UTC 2005

On 12/8/05, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/2005, at 14:54, Paul Bissex wrote:
>
> >> Or using Save As…
> > Point taken. However, I meant specifically changing the file in place.
> > One can't easily use Save As while editing a file via ODB, which I do
> > a lot [...]
>
> Just for the records: you can use Save As with ODB just fine.

I should have been more specific -- I meant when editing a file stored
on an FTP/SFTP server.

In other words, you can't do the following on a selective, per-file
basis (you can do it globally with the "use for existing files as
well" pref checked):

1) Open a file via ODB (e.g. from Cyberduck)
2) Change the file's newlines from CR to LF
3) Save the revised file, overwriting the original

Right?

I'm not trying to be a pain. If I'm the only person in the world who
wants this BBEdit/TextWrangler style feature then I'll fold. I
actually thought it would turn out to be a common-ish request.

pb

--
Paul Bissex
http://e-scribe.com/news/