[TxMt] Suggestion for files panel..

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Dec 8 15:36:49 UTC 2005

On 7/12/2005, at 18:23, Eric Coleman wrote:

> i'd like to see an option to sort folders first in the files
> panel.  I am not sure how possible this is with the cocoa controls

Currently not possible in TextMate at least. I'm undecided if it
should be allowed in 1.2 -- I preferred it that way myself when I
first switched to the Mac (since it was what I was used to), but it
seems that “the mac way” is to always alphabetize regardless of type,
presumably to allow “type letters to select”, though currently
unsupported in the project drawer.

> Another suggestion (and I think it was already purposed) is to be
> able to double click on folder names.

Yes, if you refer to double click to descend into the folder (in the
project drawer), that is on the 1.2 to-do.