[TxMt] Request: newline differentiation

Paul Bissex paul.bissex at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:17:04 UTC 2005

Are there any plans for, or any interest in, making it easier to see
and set the newline style of open files? Right now it seems you can
control this only through the Preferences dialog, and there's no
at-a-glance way to tell (or change) what newline style an open file is
actually using.

The absence of this bit me last night, when I made changes to
someone's PHP file that had been saved with Mac newlines. I had added
some HEREDOC-quoted text, and the script started throwing parsing
errors which completely stumped me until I opened the file in Some
Other Text Editor and saw that it was using Mac newlines.

A newline type selector/indicator in the bottom bar is the most
obvious thing to do (it might even be combined with the spaces/tabs
popup), but I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well.

Possible?

thanks

pb

--