[TxMt] Automagically figuring out tab size?

Giulio Cesare Solaroli giulio.cesare at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:24:53 UTC 2005

Hi Allan, ciao Domenico,

thank you for your replies.

I completely missed the status-bar. I usually look for
setting/preferences on the top side of the windows, and did not see
the bar until after reading you message. :-)

The set-up (once found) is quite handy, but I am quite "integralist"
on tab setting (you can set it to any value you what as long as it is
4) I would like to have also an explicit global setting, to avoid the
guessing you are doing now.

Anyway I can live with the current solution; I have just started using
TextMate (mostly for the project drawer) even if I am quite
comfortable with plain old text editor (I'm still using SubEthaEdit
with great pleasure). TextMate seems following a different philosophy,
and I hope to get it right while using it.

Thanks again for your answers.

Giulio Cesare