[TxMt] Problems with Xcode import and referenced projects?

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Mon Dec 5 14:10:01 UTC 2005

On Dec 5, 2005, at 6:58 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 4/12/2005, at 12:16, Tony Arnold wrote:
>
>> [...] I'd rather be using TextMate for my coding purely for speed
>> and convenience, but this error is stopping me dead in my tracks!
>
> I did see the follow-ups, but just FYI it's not necessary to import
> a project to be able to use the Xcode bundle's Build, Run, and
> Clean. For most normal Xcode projects, the folder can just be
> dragged to TextMate, open a source, and build + run…
>
> For added convenience, save the project to keep state (open files)
> and have it re-open on relaunch of TM etc.

Also, the Subversion tools work a lot better with the resultant
project if you can do that.

The importer gives you two interesting capabilities at the moment:

• it preserves the "artificial" group folders in the project.
• it preserves paths to areas outside of your SRCROOT.

If you have a project with lots of relative paths to other folders on
your disk, and/or your project adds a lot of hierarchy that doesn't
exist on disk, using the importer makes sense.

Chris