[TxMt] TM as outliner?

David Lee david at davelee.com.au
Mon Dec 5 13:58:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

Outliners are a good tool for organising many things.

I strive to keep everything in plain text.

The best outliner to my tastes that I've found so far is Vim's
excellent outliner mode.

http://vimoutliner.org/

It does that vim 2-keystrokes-and-you've-rearranged-the-furniture
thing to a tee (tea? T?). There's also a unix tool called hnb (not
sure if it's on OS X):

http://hnb.sourceforge.net/Links/

My question is, does anyone here on this list use, or hope / intend
to use, TextMate as an outliner? I mean, you could almost use the
drawer alone, but that kind of inverts the plain text thing (plain
file nodes, anyone?)

has anyone got any ideas on how TM could be scripted / used as-is /
etc to facilitate use as an outliner? I only get to use TM / OS X at
home (working on it though ..), so any advice from more practiced TM
users appreciated.

cheers,
David