[TxMt] smart typing - can it be smarter or type less? :)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Dec 5 12:02:09 UTC 2005

On 3/12/2005, at 20:24, porneL wrote:

> Is it possible to configure it to work only when there is
> whitespace/EOL ahead of cursor? Or to disable it for cases I
> mentioned above?

Only through scoping, but that's not worth going into, I think.

The problem with only WS is e.g. nested smart-typing characters, like
pressing ( then ", here ) will be to the right when you press ".

As someone else mentioned, for wrapping, selecting the stuff and
pressing the open-char can eliminate the one problem you had, and the
macro to toggle quotes is worth a shot, otherwise as long as you
first delete the opening quote, then type the new quote, it shouldn't
insert two, and typing the first before the last, will cause the last
to not be doubled, because there's the opening one prior on the line,
even when there's WS to the right of the caret.