[TxMt] Markdown symbol list idea

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Dec 4 05:48:01 UTC 2005

I just had a little idea for a symbol list in markdown, and thought
other people might be interested in it. I wanted to get the symbol
list to show the first 8 or so words of each paragraph, kind of like
a mini summary. You can accomplish this by creating a new preferences
file, pasting the following code in it and setting its scope to:
"text.html.markdown markup.paragraph"

/* preferences */
{    showInSymbolList = '1';
     symbolTransformation = 's/^([A-Z](([^ \t]*[ \t]*){1,8})).*$/$1/g;';
}

This is supposed to only pick lines that start with a capital letter.
For some reason though, it doesn't. Any ideas?

Haris