[TxMt] smart typing - can it be smarter or type less? :)

porneL textmate at pornel.net
Sat Dec 3 19:24:36 UTC 2005

I generally like smart typing feature, but it gets in the way sometimes.

For example if I want to add parens around expression, I often just get ()
before it (if expression starts with ! or $).
It's horror when I need to change double quotes to single quotes. I end up
having something like: "'""'"

Is it possible to configure it to work only when there is whitespace/EOL
ahead of cursor? Or to disable it for cases I mentioned above?
I don't want to disable it completly and I don't want to add symbols to
word characters list.

--
regards, porneL