[TxMt] Bundle for Movable Type templates

Brad Choate brad at bradchoate.com
Fri Dec 2 17:08:57 UTC 2005

On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:29 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 2/12/2005, at 4:49, Brad Choate wrote:
>
>> 	- When you create a new file using one of the supplied MT file
>> templates, the syntax mode is left as HTML, not Movable Type.  Is
>> there a way to force the Movable Type syntax?
>
> If the MT templates do not have their own extension (or can be
> matched via the firstLineMatch) then there is not. Though TextMate
> does support double-extensions in the fileTypes array for the
> language grammar, so you could e.g. suffix them with .mt.html (if
> they do need to have .html last).

The language definition lists 'mtml' as an extension for MT templates
and the file templates all have 'mtml' as their extension. Anything
else?

>> 	- I wish it were more obvious how to customize the colors for the
>> MT tags.  The user has to set these up manually.  If TextMate were
>> to scan for available scopes and at least list them as inactive in
>> the color preferences tab, that would be phenomenal.
>
> I'm afraid there are far to many scopes for this to have any
> practical value. But somehow showing a sample and allowing the user
> to click elements to get the scope, could be a future solution.

At the very least, the input field for typing the scope could provide
an autocomplete for listing the recognized (but unused) scopes. It
could also indicate which bundle the scope comes from. Ie, upon
typing "entity.", I would see a drop down list showing (among others):

	entity.name
	entity.name.tag (HTML)
	entity.name.tag.mt (Movable Type)

-Brad