[TxMt] Trouble with editing remote files

Matt M skwrkin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 20:15:25 UTC 2005

I'm currently using Textmate for a work-related
project. I collaborate with my boss, usually working
on the same files during the day. All files are
located on a server at work, so usually I edit them in
vim over ssh. Well the project has gotten too big and
I've been using textmate and mounting the remote drive
in the terminal using:

'su mount -o -P remote.server:/remote_dir
~/local_dir/drive_name'

Now that mounts the files just fine and I can edit
them using textmate. BTW, the shell 'tm' is infintely
useful to me.

Now I keep having to type in my admin password
everytime I've been editing a file for a good amount
of time. This is getting kind've annoying and can't
seem to solve the problem with keychain. Is there any
ideas you guys might have so I don't have to keep
typing in my admin password to write to remote files?

Here's a snapshot of the problem:

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=textmatewrite7ly.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.