[TxMt] SVN Bundles Checkout Overwrite Custom Setup?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Aug 28 23:08:08 UTC 2005

On 29/08/2005, at 0.56, Sune Foldager wrote:

> As for multiple copies of the same bundle, I am not sure on what
> level TextMate merges stuff (if it does; I think it doesn't,
> currently).

Each bundle has a UUID (universal unique identifier) in it's info.plist.

Each bundle item likewise has a UUID.

TextMate considers all bundles with the same UUID as being the same
bundle (so if you rename e.g. the HTML bundle, it still gets merged
with the default HTML bundle).

Bundles are merged on a item-by-item basis, using the UUID (not the
name).

So if you change one item in a default bundle, only that single item
ends up in ~/Library/... -- and it doesn't matter if you rename it,
it will always hide the default item (duplicating it will make a copy
with a new UUID, i.e. which doesn't override any default stuff).