[TxMt] search and replace

Peter Vohmann pvohmann at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 07:23:47 UTC 2005

> Until then, for those who are unaware, cmd-E copies the selection
> to the find clipboard, so one can write the find string in the main
> text editor, select it, and press cmd-E (cmd-G can be used to find
> the string currently on the find clipboard).

Indeed, this is handsome!

An amazing thing I found out by accident is that cmd-E works across
applications!
So you can have some text lying around in Stickies, select it and
press cmd-E,
then go over to TextMate and press cmd-G. And still have the regular
clipboard
for cmd-V pasting in the same go!

It's really a shared clipboard! While I thought it was a nicety of
each app...

Peter