[TxMt] New Language for Bundle

Chris Ruzin thatguy at chrisruzin.net
Wed Aug 24 03:26:54 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to ask or not, but I
thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm making a bundle for ExpressionEngine (http://www.pmachine.com/).
So far, I've got a bunch of snippets which are working out really
nice. I'd like to have a language definition file though so the EE
tags can be highlighted and folded. I can't wrap my head around how
these language files are put together though, so I thought I'd ask if
there was a wizard out there who could make it for me?

Some example EE tags:

Single Tag:
{assign_variable:variable_name="variable_replacement"}

or

{path='weblog/comments'}

Tag Pairs:
{exp:comment:entries sort="asc" limit="20"}
{comment}
{/exp:comment:entries}

or

{exp:weblog:month_links weblog="news" limit="50"}
{month}, {year}<br />
{/exp:weblog:month_links}

Conditionals:
{if username == "joe"}
<h1>Hi Joe!</h1>
{/if}

Tags are normally used inside of XHTML/HTML, but can be used within
other languages like XML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. All tag pairs will
always begin with {exp:*} and end with {/exp:*}. You can see examples
of EE variables inside of the tag pairs. A lot of tag pairs have
parameters, but not all of them. Sometimes people use double quotes,
other times single quotes.

I'm not sure what else to add. If someone would be willing to help me
out on this I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris