[TxMt] python in TextMate question

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:22:02 UTC 2005

On 8/19/05, Jeroen van der Ham <jeroen at je-ju.net> wrote:
> On 19-08-2005 17:49, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> > foldingStartMarker: (^\s*)(def|class)\s+([.a-zA-Z0-9_ b]+)\s*(\((.*)\))?\s*:
> > foldingEndMarker: ^(?!\s*$)(?!\1\s+.*$)
>
> Note that  the \1 in the foldingEnd Marker refers to the first match of
> the foldingEndMarker pattern, which contains itself...
> You can't refer to the first pattern of the foldingStartMarker there.

hmm... I thought this was changed a couple betas ago (\1 to reference
the first match of a starting pattern).  At least, if you look at
Perl.plist this is how Here-Doc strings are matches.  But perhaps this
support only exists for begin/end pairs and not
foldingStartMarker/foldingEndMarker pairs.  Allan, if you are reading,
would it be possible to add this for folding start/end ?  Or does it
exist and I am going about it wrong?