[TxMt] python in TextMate question

Yuhei Kuratomi yuhei at pop21.odn.ne.jp
Thu Aug 18 00:14:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:40:03 +0200, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> TextMate already does this, consider the following situation:
>
> 	class someClass:
> 		def someFunction(args):
> 			pass
> 		.
> 	.
>
> I use periods here to show how much indentation there should be for the
> stop marker to show up.

This works properly as I write every python codes with TextMate keeping
in mind the indentation behavior.  But some editors, at least two
popular vim and emacs, strips white spaces and such files doesn't match
TextMate's indentation rule.

TextMate:
1: class someClass:
2:     def func(self):
3:         self.doSomethingA()
4:         .
5:         self.doSomethingB()
6:     .
7: .
8: class nextClass: pass

vim, emacs:
1: class someClass:
2:    def func(self):
3:        self.doSomethingA()
4: .
5:        self.doSomethingB()
6: .
7: .
8: class nextClass: pass

In this case, I think Kumar's indentation rule works well.

--
Yuhei Kuratomi <yuhei at pop21.odn.ne.jp>