[TxMt] python in TextMate question

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Aug 17 05:49:01 UTC 2005

On 17-08-2005 02:49, Jordan Breeding wrote:
> I have a question about editing python in TextMate.  Is it possible  to
> change the folding rules so that class/function definitions don't  stop
> folding when they encounter a blank line?

Only if you use sufficient indentation on that blank line.

TextMate parses files mostly line by line and makes syntax highlight and
folding decisions based on that.
This means that the only way to know if a blank line is for readability
or delimiting a function or class is based on indentation.

Jeroen.
--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>