[TxMt] Spaces instead of tabs -> per filetype basis?

Shanti Braford shantibraford at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 03:05:18 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to setup different file types to
use the "Tab -> space" conversion feature, and others... not.

I.e. for Ruby on Rails code (.rb and possibly .rhtml), I'd like to
have Tabs automatically get converted to spaces.

But for .txt files and other file types where I would like to keep
tabs... is there a way to do this somehow?

Just finally registered my copy of TextMate... and, knowing how
incredibly versatile it is, I'm just figuring there's got to be a way
to pull this off somehow (w/o making it a new feature, which, imho
would be nice too!) =)

Shanti