[TxMt] ASP.net & SQL bundle

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:10:50 UTC 2005

is anybody working on an ASP.net bundle? Specifically, VB.NET
i've got some work-arounds to make the regular ASP bundle work for
it, but there are still a few niggling problems.

I'm just getting started with all this fancyness & don't really have
much time to mess with stuff. I have a custom color theme done & i've
made some snippets & commands. I'm addicted to macros.

I work in an all windows office (we actually just got a macMini
server for the 'blog') so I've got to deal with a lot of 'classic'
ASP 3 & poorly written ASP.net code.

In the mean time i've got this workaround to make serverside script
tags work like <% ... %> tags.
This takes advantage of the fact that the ASP language bundle
incorrectly ignores the closing %> tag if preceded by a
comment_this_line character "'" (what 'tard came up with the idea of
using a quote mark as a comment_this_line character!?!?!1!).
So, nobody fix that problem without also making an ASP.net bundle,
thanks.

<%'textmate fix for ASP.NET script tag' %>
<script runat="server">
</script>
<!-- ''<%'textmate fix for ASP.NET script tag'
%> -->

i know you're all thinking: "coding ASP.net on a mac, what are you a
masochist?"
ANSWER: It's better than the alternative. (IE: using a PC to code
ASP.net)