[TxMt] Key bindings question

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Aug 9 12:14:13 UTC 2005

On 09/08/2005, at 10.16, Benjamin Jackson wrote:

> How can I override these bindings just for TextMate? I'd assume it
> would be possible by editing the KeyBindings.dict file in TM's
> Resources

Yes, and you can also copy it to ~/Library/Application Support/
TextMate so you won't have to make the change with each new release.

However, it's not possible to make a key binding that inserts a
specific character.

I guess TM should fall back to the normal action of a key (that is,
insert it), when the action method configured for that key isn't
implemented -- I may have this changed for 1.1b17.