[TxMt] REQ: additional suffixes for XML bundle

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Apr 26 08:01:48 UTC 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 21:23, Tom Lazar wrote:

>> BTW, shouldn't TM remember it if you choose to highlight .xsl files
>> with the XML language, I am not sure...
> me neither... can't tell anymore, though - allan added the new
> extensions already to the XML.tmbundle ;-)

Beta 5 and earlier would remember when the user changes language for a
given extension.

I removed that in beta 6 because it now also looks at the content, so
it's not entirely clear when it makes sense to adopt the users choice.
E.g. opening a CGI file and changing it to perl does not mean all CGI's
should open as perl, since CGI's may often have a shebang in the top
that would identify these correct.

So actually in beta 6 there is no way to override the default choices
for languages (well, actually there is, but it involves hitting
Terminal.app and using 'defaults') -- but I'll of course add something.
I prefer when things are implicit, and just haven't found the proper
way to learn from the user how document bindings should be.