[TxMt] Python bundle broken as of revision 637?

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Fri Apr 22 00:12:15 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 1:54 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> The styles/colors were removed because these are now applied using
> scoped settings. Sorry about not sending a note to this list about not
> recommending updating svn (or branching the svn)

tsktsktsk... naughty Allan ;-)

man, I tell ya, those were some scary twenty minutes without that
Python highlighting... phew! Thanks for the quick response!

> About 1.1b6:
> http://macromates.com/wiki/pmwiki?n=Main.Version1Dot1Beta6 (be sure to
> read the errata if you do grab it)

for the future: could you please announce that kind of stuff here on
this list? in this particular case I'd have just postponed updating the
svn repos (I'm in the middle of a python project...)

>> - I deleted ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
>> - I deleted the Bundles directory inside TextMate.app
>> - I checked out svn/Bundles/trunk at /Library/Application\ Support/
>> and created a symbolic link 'TextMate' to 'trunk' (it was the only
>> way to get the bundles recognize)
>
> You shouldn't need to make it a symbolic link, do the checkout like
> this:
>    mkdir -p /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
>    cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
>    svn --username anon --password anon co
> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk .

strange: that's exactly what I did - and still no highlighting (or any
other bundles)

only after creating the symbolic link do I now have correct Python
highlighting and the other bundles.

at any rate: that's how I'm gonna leave it for now!

*goes back to work and repeatedly hits ^m on his project documentation
file and giggles uncontrollably* ;-)

--
Tom Lazar, http://tomster.org