[TxMt] TM & Latex

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Wed Apr 13 12:53:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>
>> On 12-04-2005 20:49, Alain Matthes wrote:
>>> I've no problem to get a pdf with preview, texniscope or Acrobat but
>>> if
>>> i made a modification in the source, i need to close the old pdf to
>>> get
>>> a new one. Is it possible to refresh the view ?
>>
>> Texniscope refreshes itself if you activate it again (just run latex
>> again, not the latex and texniscope).
>> I believe it is also possible to trigger this behavior with
>> Applescript,
>
> It is...
>
>> but haven't had time to really work this into a command yet.
>
> ...nor have I. It might be worth asking Claus Gerhardt (he is on most
> of the TeX-related lists) if he was thinking about adding to his
> collection of Flashmode scripts:
>
>         <http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/tex/>
>
> to include TextMate as source editor.

If you go to the prefs in Texniscope you can modify the editor settings
to have TextMate work very nicely with Texniscope.

Editor command
open

Editor arguments
"txmt://open?url=file://%file&line=line"

If you use the pdfsync package in your document you can just command
click anywhere in the pdf file and you will go immediately to that spot
in your source file in TextMate.

Brad