[TxMt] BibDesk

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 11:22:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I know that you can use TextMate to cite from a BibTeX file but as of
now this only works for one BibTeX file. I have several BibTeX files
which I maintain seperately and since this works much better for me I
thought I'd give BibDesk a try with which you can have several BibTeX
files open at the same time and cite from them with BibDesk's system
wide citing service. I get this to work in TextEdit and TeXShop but not
TextMate :-(

To use the service you type \cite{H}, leave the cursor at H and type
Alt-Escape; this will give you a list of all references that contain H,
but in TextMate this only cylcles through several words containing H.
In TextMate the Escape key is set to "Next Completion", so I guess that
this either clashes with BibDesk's hot key or TextMate doesn't support
BibDesk at all.

If anybody has any hint how to overcome this either with TextMate
supporting several BibTeX files or how to get BibDesk to work with
TextMate I'd be very grateful!

Best wishes, Thomas

     Ciao, Thomas

Thomas Schröder +++ hydrochlorix at gmx.net