[TxMt] BUG: Printing page count

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sun Apr 10 22:54:06 UTC 2005

On 10.04.2005, at 23:46, Drew McLellan wrote:

> You have a text doc that would run over 4 pages when printed.
>
> You only want to print the first page, so in the print dialog set it
> to print 1 of 1.
>
> On the printout, the page is labeled 1 of 4, when this should be a
> count of the number of items coming out of the printer.

Which Software works like that? I don't know of any! For example: I
print a 10 page document in InDesign. Then I realize there's a type on
page 7. I fix it, and print page 7 to 7. And *of course* I want it to
say 'page 7 from 10'.

your feature request doesn't belong into the application layer at all
IMHO, i.e. neither InDesign nor TextMate nor any other app should have
such a feature. You need something at the OS level along the lines of
adding header info to printed pages.

My $0.02,

tom
--