[TxMt] env variable to get all project files?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Apr 6 08:59:35 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 21:30, kumar mcmillan wrote:

> There is currently no way for a command to operate on all files
> contained in a project [or is there?].  there is TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY
> but this is only a path to where <project>.tmbundle lives.  Allan do
> you have plans for adding this soon?

I should probably add this to the AS scripting dictionary. Three
reasons why an environment variable doesn't strike me as good: 1) too
troublesome to work with lists that way, 2) no meta-data available for
items, 3) project drawer should switch to lazy loading of folder
contents, which would require a full traversal of all the folders in
the source list each time a command were to be executed.

I'm probably going to add a very limited scripting dictionary real soon
now, just to get the ball rolling (I'm thinking initially mainly to
control the caret, and I could add this as well, since it shouldn't
require that much thought to get it right).