[TxMt] Replace the drawer

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Apr 5 22:23:13 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 20:31, Todd Boland wrote:

> I am not a big fan of the drawer widget. I was excited to hear that
> apple mail is dropping the drawer come 10.4. I would like to request
> comments about converting the drawer to a mini panel [...]

With the file chooser (cmd-T) the source list is less important (I
personally have the drawer closed).

In the future the difference between a project and document window is
basically just whether or not the drawer is open.

And I personally like the drawer as a UI element (at least much more
than those panels/utility windows) -- so chances for this one
disappearing are slim.

Actually, pre-1.0 release of TextMate used a source list within the
window.

IMHO iTunes should (be non metal and) use a drawer for the source list.
Give me hotkeys for Library and Party Shuffle, and I'd have the drawer
closed 99% of the time, meaning a smaller window.