[TxMt] HTML Output really slow

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Tue Apr 5 19:01:34 UTC 2005

On Apr 3, 2005, at 8:56 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2005, at 1:42, Juan Anorga wrote:
>
>>> Web kit is slow at refreshing, and in beta 5 I refresh the view each
>>> time there's new output. For beta 6 it'll do at most one refresh per
>>> second, which helps a lot.
>> Is there a way to send the output once, so that webkit doesn't have to
>> refresh so many times?
>
> Not really -- you can e.g. pipe the output through 2 times 'cat' to
> get output buffering, but this buffer is likely not as big as your
> entire output, so you may still get several refreshes.

Also, the current implementation of Special Items List is piping once
through a python script (grep grep) then again through a php script
(simple line by line loop) and finally getting passed to WebKit.
Python seems faster to me than [binary] PHP so.... eventually I plan to
cut out the PHP script altogether and make everything happen in Python
which will save some time.  Also, it might be worthwhile to cache
output but I won't try that until after beta 6.