[TxMt] Input Patterns?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Apr 4 23:41:41 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 20:06, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

>> The question is about input patterns, not tab triggers. Here's what I
>> can find on the subject:
> So .. does it sound like I could set up a snippet/something to act
> like it fires on a 'space' (instead of a tab-trigger)

Yes -- basically you'd be able to get items to 'fire' on whatever
typing sequence that can be matched by a non-greedy regular expression,
which typing “br ” sure can :)

I say non-greedy because a pattern like “a.*b’ should match “abbb”, but
the item will fire already when it sees “ab”, since making a greedy
match would require look-ahead.