[TxMt] Funny behaviour with Desktop Manager?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Apr 1 23:34:30 UTC 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:28, Patrick Burleson wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I have a feeling it's something about TM that's
> stealing focus back.

When you switch to an application, the system will notify the
application that it will go to front, this is where TextMate check file
dates, when the application returns from this method THEN will the
system bring the window to front -- so if the user switched away before
TextMate completed the checks, the described behavior will occur.

You can fault TextMate for not performing this check in a thread or
similar, but it doesn't deliberately steal focus! ;)