[TxMt] Nagging Problems

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Fri Apr 1 14:40:10 UTC 2005

I've had a lot of time to get use to TextMate now and we're getting
along quite well.  However, I have a couple of things I haven't managed
to get use to, so I thought I would ask for some help.

1.  Is there an easy way to PREpend something to each line in a
selection, using just the keyboard?  Let's say I have the following:

Line one.
Line two.
Longer line three.

I know I can select them using shift and the up arrow, strike
option-apple-A to edit each line, strike control-left-arrow to get to
the beginning of the first line and then type, but in this case that
yields:

This is Line one.
This is Line two.
Longer liThis is ne three.

Not good.  Am I missing a trick here?

2.  Semi-related:  Can you make a column selection without the mouse?

3.  I've managed to shake most of my BBEdit habits, but I can't seem to
conquer one.  Option-down/up-arrow to scroll a page.  That's really
handy when I'm hunting through code for something.  That key
combination has a different purpose in TextMate and to be honest, I can
never make it go where I want.  :(  Does TextMate have any scroll
up/down key-bindings?

Thanks in advance for any tips shared.

James Edward Gray II