[TxMt] Nagging Problems

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Fri Apr 1 14:40:10 UTC 2005

I've had a lot of time to get use to TextMate now and we're getting
along quite well.  However, I have a couple of things I haven't managed
to get use to, so I thought I would ask for some help.

1.  Is there an easy way to PREpend something to each line in a
selection, using just the keyboard?  Let's say I have the following:

Line one.
Line two.
Longer line three.

I know I can select them using shift and the up arrow, strike
option-apple-A to edit each line, strike control-left-arrow to get to
the beginning of the first line and then type, but in this case that

This is Line one.
This is Line two.
Longer liThis is ne three.

Not good.  Am I missing a trick here?

2.  Semi-related:  Can you make a column selection without the mouse?

3.  I've managed to shake most of my BBEdit habits, but I can't seem to
conquer one.  Option-down/up-arrow to scroll a page.  That's really
handy when I'm hunting through code for something.  That key
combination has a different purpose in TextMate and to be honest, I can
never make it go where I want.  :(  Does TextMate have any scroll
up/down key-bindings?

Thanks in advance for any tips shared.

James Edward Gray II