[TxMt] Annoying switching problem

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Nov 30 18:50:17 UTC 2004

On Nov 27, 2004, at 18:20, hadley wickham wrote:

> I've discovered a rather annoying problem when using Textmate with
> (more than) two projects open, one of which is large.  When I cmd-tab
> to TM the active project appears immediately, but it takes a couple of
> seconds before the other projects appear behind it. [...]

Most likely the problem is that TM checking changes in folder
references slows down the normal "to front" process, and when TM is
done checking the system continues, even though TM has lost focus.

Folder references will be improved in the future to not do their work
on the main thread and/or use kqueue (though probably this won't work
for network mounted drives) or similar, which should solve most of
these "delay" problems some people are experiencing. At present I can't
give an ETA, but it's a planned v1.1 improvement.