[TxMt] Method/function list?

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Tue Nov 30 16:47:49 UTC 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 7:07 PM, Eric Hsu wrote:

>> I am hoping I¼m just missing something obvious...  Is there some kind
>> of
>> list of functions/methods?  I.e. Similar to BBEdit or SEE¼s popup
>> function
>> list?
>
> Here's my kludged version of it for Perl using TM commands, which pops
> up a separate window listing all the subroutines (i.e. lines that
> begin with 'sub ').
>
> Make a command:
>
> - before: Do Nothing
> - Command:  grep -n "^sub "
> - Std In: Entire document
> - Std out: Show in separate win
> - Pattern: ^(\d+):(.*)$
>  [this parses out the grep output so we can identify the line part]
> - Format: $2
> - Line:1
>
> This idea can be tweaked to fit the language of your choice. I think
> you can pipe it cleverly through sort to get the subroutines
> alphabetized.

wow!  I love TM.  Allan are you trying to make us into zealots?

I didn't really understand the Line / Format boxes in the command
dialog, thanks for posting this Eric.  Here is a pattern for PHP files
:
grep -En "^[^\*/]*(abstract|public|private|function|class|interface)
[&a-zA-Z0-9_]+"

it's still not ideal, but between F1, up/down arrows and the Esc key,
hands don't have to leave the keyboard... great workaround.

-k

PS. is there documentation somewhere on how exactly "Format String",
"File Register", "Line", and "Column" work together?