[TxMt] Feature request/macro help request

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Tue Nov 30 01:33:09 UTC 2004

I'd like to implement some automated method for creating getters and
setters for private fields in Java classes, but I'm not having any luck
figuring out how to do it.

My first thought was to set a bookmark where new getters and setters
would be inserted in the file and then put the cursor on the line
declaring the field to be got/set.  (Typically, methods and fields are
separated by at least a constructor, and usually the methods are
declared after fields in the same order that the fields were.)  I'm
unable to do this because bookmarks aren't exposed as variables to
commands/macros/etc.  This also doesn't scale if there's more than one
bookmark.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to implement this?

Thanks,

    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org