[TxMt] i-search in TextMate

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Mon Nov 29 15:28:52 UTC 2004

On Nov 28, 2004, at 11:14 PM, Wileks Joiner wrote:

> The above is why it is much faster.  I cringe when forced to use a
> dialog box for all searching.  Being an emacs user and a firefox user,
> these are key productivity boost when navigating some form of a text
> document.

I'm a longtime Emacs user.  I've been using OS X for more than a year
and TM is what it took for me to ditch the (horribly buggy and
crash-prone) Emacs build for OS X.  I've had a lot of muscle memory to
un-learn but I do like TM.  Hey, I paid for it, which is saying a lot
for me!

Someone mentioned emacs highlighting every search; for me, this is not
a huge deal.  What's most important is jumping to the point in the
document after the cursor where the search first hits, and updating
itself as the search phrase is expanded.

I eschew Firefox on OS X because its interface is *very* "un-Mac", but
I really dig the search thingy that pops up at the bottom of the window
when you type "/whatever".  That would be a really nifty add'n to TM.
But just being able to type "^swhatever^s^s" to jump to the third match
for "whatever" in my current document would may me just jibber with
happiness. :-)

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor