[TxMt] Textmate Icon proposal - How About a Competition?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Nov 26 23:25:40 UTC 2004

On Nov 26, 2004, at 19:50, jheyer wrote:

> [...] I've attached a mockup of how I sorta envision that idea. Again,
> I'm not an icon designer, this is just a rough mockup.

Wow! I like it a lot :)

I think doing it as an illustration (instead of photo-realism) adds
some personality which makes it less stiff/formal/boring.

But probably also makes it a bit harder to mix in with the standard
Aqua icons.

But clearly Stuart was correct that there is a lot of artistic talent
among the TextMate users! :)

It's really a joy to check the TextMate ML these days (a bigger joy
than normal, that is! :) ), thanks to all of you who're contributing!