[TxMt] Feature request: Improve syntax highlighting by using stylesheets

Ralph Pöllath lists at poellath.org
Fri Nov 26 11:50:24 UTC 2004

Hi,

I do like TM's syntax highlighting a lot, but I think it's annoying
having to tweak their color schemes to my liking all the time. I think
the parser bundles should tell TM the kind of a piece of text (comment,
reserved word, string, etc) instead of font style information, and TM
should give me a way to apply a custom stylesheet to all that info.

So I would like to have one file containing my custom stylesheet that
tells TM to display all comments (regardless of language) in green, all
strings in purple, except for perl, where I'd like my strings to be
blue. You get the idea.

How does that sound?

Cheers,
-Ralph.

BTW, that's the feature request I wanted to add to the wiki before I
broke it..